7 Skills All Digital Marketers Need to Succeed
1. Analytics: Analytical marketers leverage web behavior - purchase history, device engagement, and more - to grow traffic and leads. If you are data-minded, you will be a hot commodity.
2. Social Media: One way marketers plan to improve their social strategies is to add new networks. Marketers plan to include G+, Slideshare and Pinterest in their social media strategies. Staying on the cutting edge of social media helps you create the trend, not follow it.
3. Data Visualization: Bite-sized visual media is on the rise. Images are easier to share and will continue to increase popularity. Great digital marketers create images that people are excited to share.
4. Technical Skills: Learn technical skills like basic coding or video production. Marketers who are competent in different areas can communicate better with tech teams and cast a clear vision so developers build things that customers want.
5. Teamwork: Social Media teams will continue to increase, so your ability to work with others is paramount. As more marketers attribute ROI to social media, they can justify to higher-ups that they're not simply playing around online.
6. Newsjacking: Readiness in the digital age is awareness of breaking news and pop culture. Being present allows your team to deal with public relations crises immediately. You can also take advantage of fleeting marketing opportunities that only work in the environment.
7. Soft Skills: Being a great marketers isn't just what you know. Pay attention to the soft skills that matter in your work relationships. Communication skills, friendliness and flexibility make you a great coworker.